Thursday, June 17, 2010

Days 13 - 14

North Brother Mountain - a beautiful sight and even though it is tiny compared to the ones we find here in Vegas it's still good enough for us in Oz.

Everytime Storm and I go to Laurieton we always go up the mountain and check out the view.

Aww, the gratuitous family pic..

And another just for kicks!

Kendall and Storm.

Grandy with Kendall and Syd.

Lauren, Grandy, Me and the girls.

Aww, the view completely uninterrupted in its beauty. I have such memories of this place - mostly all good (except for when I ran away and the dog followed me but that is another story that needs a stiff drink to be told. So embarassing!)

This is in front of the RSL (Returned Servicemen's League) club in Laurieton. Mum's team's dragon boat is stored there. Unfortunately, since Mum has been winged she cannot go out rowing with them. She's so disappointed -read Sarcasm - especially now that it's winter and frightfully cold and yukky out on the water. I swear she did her wrist on purpose just to get out of paddling for the season! We were on the dock that you can see at the bottom of the winding channel near the yachts in the pic of the view from the mountain.

My favourite bird - the pelican. Beautiful but scary big! Wonder if they're good eatin'?

Mum trying to feed the girls. I swear the way these girls eat she was busier than a one-legged man in a buttkicking contest! Can Kendall smile any harder?


This is the first time the girls had been able to get to the ocean and beach. Sydney really enjoyed getting her feet and scrounging them into the sand.

The water was decidedly fresh that day but the girls were quite happy to check out the water until Storm put Kendall a little close to a wave and she burst into tears.

Grandy and Sydney.

Storm and Sydney checking out the surf. Cowabunga!

Me carrying both girls. I swear I thought I'd drop one of them! (I know.. you're wondering where the surf that I keep referring to was. Can anyone say white lie?)

Aunty Lauren and Sydney.(Check out the chickey doing the bond girl impersonation behind them. Makes me sick - sick with jealousy! Skinny wench - pass the hotdog!)

This photo pretty much sums up the girl's personality at the moment. Sydney is pretty much fearless and prepared to try anything (can anyone say Storm?) and Kendall is much more cautious and will wait ages before trying anything (can you say Nikki?)

The night before we left to go to the Hunter Valley for the wedding we all went down to the local pub for a meal. Me old mate Troy now owns the pub so he popped out to say g'day. He, another friend Paula and I all used to hang out when we were younger ...

No comments:

Post a Comment