I know it's been a while so rather than try and catch up chronologically I plan on just blogging on some random events etc and hopefully I'll catch up that way!
So...
Today marked the beginning of the second week at daycare. The girls do have quite a reaction to going to "school". On the one hand they are quite happy to go there, nodding when asked if they want to go to "school" and play with the girls and boys, even showing us the way to their classroom when we walk in. The flip side is that when they get into the classroom and realize what is next to happen (i.e. mummy and daddy leaving) then that is where the clingy tears hit. We try not to create a scene and disrupt the other kiddoes who are already there and say goodbye with a kiss but the tears are quite dramatic. Yes, it's nice to be loved so much (at least I hope it's love) but I've learned already not to turn around and get eye contact as the expression on their face is so heart wrenching. It's like they're accusing me of abandoning them!
So, have I managed to get much work done in the time that they are in "school"? It's three days a week (M/W/F) from 9.00am to 2.30pm. So yes, I am. It helps make up for this past weekend's complete lack of a daytime nap for Sydney! Yes, the kid went from 7am to 9.30pm, two days in a row and surprisingly had minimal meltdowns! Today she napped though - which I'm sure was most pleasant for Ms. Pam and Miss Ashley.
I've realized that I am not ready for no daytime nap just yet. Especially when it's only one child!
Anyway, here are some piccies of their first day - so cute!
Kendall is in the orangey top and Syd is in the turquoise one. Their hair has grown so much and both have really cute curly pony and pigtails!
Now you may be wondering about the splotchy background on the brick behind Syd. Well we want to paint the house and are testing colours in the different light. Since the piccie was taken we have actually painted several other colours up there. (Update: Final colour choice is a creamy colour for the main body of the house and a deep grayish blue for the trim. It should contrast nicely and with the green of the gardens at the front.)
Now I would like to point out the window boxes foliage. I am not a fake flower/plant fan but I have left the previous owners "decor" choice in the window boxes due to the fact that a) the house will be painted soon and b) we actually face west so the boxes will get quite hot and I'm trying to figure out a plant that can tolerate its roots to be housed in a shallow, hot box! Suggestions greatly appreciated please!
BTW - Both girls absolutely adore dogs and cats and Syd is pointing to next door's dogs as they are barking and she's getting a kick out of it! At least she's not rushing the fence!
No comments:
Post a Comment