Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween tasties

I always like to take the opportunity to show off the Australian cuisine (excuse me? yes I said it, cuisine!) so in an attempt to educate my American friends on the power of Copha, I made chocolate crackles! (Well, actually in the spirit of Halloween I made Spider crackles.) Next time I'll use licorice for legs instead of pipe cleaners but the concept was there.

See the spider crackle with no legs? This is what happens when you miscalculate pipecleaners - 8 legs per crackle really adds up!

I also saw this great idea for a dip holder (cauliflower) on some website and we managed to freak quite a few trick-or-treaters out asking them if they wanted some "brain dip"? The majority said no but some younger kids were quite brave and tried it. Looked great and because I filled it with a yummy garlic dip to ward off the vampires, it tasted great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment