Saturday, January 30, 2010

New kitchen

Thank god for Craigs List is all I can say. Storm found a granite guy who was happy to do granite for a reasonable price (yes, the price that we were going to pay a couple of years ago for formica!)

Anyway, we had always talked about the fact that granite has now become an expected norm for home buyers and why should we do something to the house just to sell it? Why shouldn't we do it when we can and enjoy it in the meantime? So we did. We called up Mark the granite guy and on the Tuesday and he was there on the Saturday tearing up the kitchen. I am really happy with it. It is making me rethink my accessories on the countertop so it lloks like garage sale-ing will become my norm in the spring...

Before:


During:
(Note: When the granite guy tells you to prep before he arrives, be sure to take everything out from under the countertop. Storm and I spent many an hour cleaning all the crap out of our cutlery drawers and pots and pans)



After:


So happy that we did it now and not when we tried to sell the house. I get to enjoy it. Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment