Saturday, October 27, 2012

Falls Park

Recently Simon and Katie came to visit on their pre-baby trip. They went to a wedding in Hawaii where Katie was a bridesmaid (again! She has so many friends getting married!) and then stayed with us for a week before heading out to Cancun for a small babymoon before heading home.

It was great seeing them both for the short time we did and the girls just fell in love with their Aunty Simon and Uncle Simon (yes, they kept getting it backwards!). They used our car to get around a couple of times and we all went out and about together a couple of times together (thank you mini-van!) too and of those times was to the Greenville markets on Saturday. Main St in Greenville is a very pretty sight and after walking through the markets we headed down to Falls Park.

Falls Park is a lovely developed nature area surrounding the natural falls there. There's miles and miles of walking/biking trails that lead to and from the zoo to downtown where we were. There is also a great suspension bridge that goes over the falls providing a great aspect for photos. There are always a lot of ducks and geese there which the girls just absolutely love.

On the way down along Main Street is some great brick scupltures that the girls just have to climb through everytime. This time Kendall got the sweet spot to pose.

 Down along the top part of the Reedy River before it goes into the falls with the ducks and geese. I have a bucketload of bread ends and crusts in the freezer that I keep meaning to pack in the car when we come to the park here. Oh well, next time....
 I cannot tell you how fascinated the girls are with animals (which makes me so happy). There is no fear just a wonderful sense of awe and love for all creatures (except for bugs which Syd will squish after a lengthy observance!).

 Kendall let the ducks eat from her hand but only once. I don't think that she liked the pressure of the feeding. All we had to give to the ducks were the peanut butter crackers that we took just in case the girls got hungry. Those ducks would have eaten anything that day!
Posing with Daddy. My three most favourite people!
A lovely piccie of the happy expecting couple beside the river. The suspension bridge is in the background. Katie is expecting in January somewhere between my birthday (11th) and Kauren's (16th) from what I understand so it will be very exciting when we meet our neice or nephew. That's right I am pleased to know that they don't want to know what they're having and are waiting for the big reveal!
 Posing with Uncle Simon and Aunty Katie.
I just managed to get this pic of Kendall swinging from the guardrail before I walked around to join her.
 Looking back towards Main Street from the suspension bridge with the beginning of the falls in the background. Did I tell you that Nanny was also staying with us?
 Afterwards we went to Papas & Beer for lunch. We usually go to the one here in Simpsonville but it is so small and the Greenville one was closer. A much bigger restaurant with some yummy (but huge portions) of mexican food. My favourite is the shrimp fajita quesadilla. Storm's is the beer I think....

 I don't think that Simon understood just how big the portions were. Especially compared to Australian portion sizes and made a face accordingly...
I think that Mavis was equally overwhelmed with her meal too...

I was supposed to have gone to a conference in Asheville, NC that day and I'm glad I didn't as we had a lovely day all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment