Storm and I did manage to walk down to the bakery and spend $27 on sausage rolls, meat pies, lamingtons, neinish tarts, butterfly cakes, apple slice, vanilla slice (gee and I wonder why I am so Michelin-mannish!!!!). The sausage rolls weren't as good as we remembered and in fact the only thing that was good was the lamington (with a nice cuppa tea..mmm...). I ended up throwing out the nienish tarts (yukko cream), the butterfly cake (too dry and yukko cream) and the vanilla slice (just too much). I actually only ate the sausage roll, a party pie and the lamington over a three day period. Still yummo.
Louise came around. It was so great to see her as it had been years since she and Steve were over with us in Vegas. They're up in Townsville but she still has family down on the coast (they actually live right where Storm's dad Henry walks the dog along the manmade lake). Now Lou and I have known eachother for nearly 20 years. Ever since I sat next to her at a friend's 21st birthday party (for some reason that friend's name is escaping me right now - great friend aren't I?). (I think that once I saw this pic - it was after we got home - I realized how much weight I have put on since the girls were born. I really must get my butt into gear).
Voila! - Louise and the Kulhans

(Told I looked like crapola! What a way to spoil a pic!)
The next couple of days sort of went pretty much the same way - we relaxed, went for walks and just chilled with Mavis. We caught up with Storm's friends at Aaron's place and then Karen popped over for a quick chat. Last time I saw her was the first year we were in Vegas when she came over to visit her brother, Marcus who lives here in town.

Found this cute pic of Kendall and Sydney. Look at Kendall's cheeks - beautiful!!!
.jpg)
On our last night on the GC we went to Burleigh Heads to have fish and chips by the beach. We actually ended up having burgers and yes they came with beetroot on them and rocked (as they should have they cost something like $9.00 each!) So tasty though...


Michelle (my friend) came down and joined us for a quick chat. It was great to catch up with her as I haven't seen her in 10 years or so, ever since her son Elijah was born almost. It was great to catch up.
.jpg)
It was a nice way to end up finishing our stay on the GC.
No comments:
Post a Comment