Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's over...

Now, before you get excited I am not posting any piccies of Christmas today. {Confession: I haven't lifted them off the camera just yet and Storm has still got to get the oh-so-boring video of the girls opening the presents processed -think paint drying they just didn't get it!-so you'll just have to wait another day.}

In fact, we've been really busy getting things done around the house. Yes, the decorations have come down. The Christmas tree is...gone! The santa's are gone! Snowmen, tinsel, stars...all gone!

It's liberating.

But...

we look like we've been robbed {seriously!}. You must remember that I removed all the "year round" decor and packed it away before putting up the Christmas stuff and now I have no intentions of putting it back up again so the place is definitely lacking charm/personality/homey-ness etc. In fact I think I've heard an echo once or twice!

I'm am soooo happy that the totes are packed securely and transported down to the storage unit and out of my hair. I now have a path through the garage and can actually access the garage door without having to step over anything. Ta da! 

We have a bucketload to go {the attics are next on the agenda tomorrow - think paperwork beyond belief!} but we're hitting it hard! Only 12 more weekends to go before L.A. and Storm will be drinking with the boys icefishing for one of those.

Time is a-ticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment