Friday, July 1, 2011

Birthday girls

Can you believe these precious girls are two?

I can't.
 We didn't have a party. But there were balloons and presents...
 And those blowey thing-a-ma-jigs...
 This year was different to last in the fact that the girls actually opened their own presents. Syd especially was very enthusiastic in a very neat sort of way. Every time she ripped a piece of paper from the present, said piece was placed beside her in a row. So neat...now if I could only get her to do it with everything...
 Enjoying their new piece of technology.
 Especially when Dad show's you how to use it.
 The official birthday piccie - Kendall
 Sydney.
 Gotta love a teaset especially when it plays songs.
 Yes, all presents came in twos.
 A big shout-out to Aunty Katie who sent the Woman's Weekly Birthday Cakes - vintage edition over to us (thanks so much as I have such great memories of mum making these cakes and have wanted this cookbook for ages!).
 I had originally planned on making the koala but made a last minute change to the Miss Piggy.
 Two sets of candles! I know we went all out!
 Gotta love the precious expression.
 Guess who discovered how tasty frosting/icing can be?
 Cake too!
 Oops...sugar high!
  Syd had her side to me so I couldn't get very good piccies of her in her sugared up state. Gotta love birthdays!

It's just about the time that these little precious' were pulled from my belly two years ago. I think that I'm going to be a mother like Billy Crystal's one from City Slickers. You know the one who calls up right at the time of birth giving a blow-by-blow rundown of that fateful day. Sigh..my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment