Well another has past and what a wonderful weekend it was.
We were finally a reasonable temperature which meant we turned off the A/C and had the windows open. I so, so, miss having the windows open and have absolutely loved the past few days that's for sure.
This week found us really busy. I had the Mummy and Me group here on Thursday for a Halloween party potluck. Every mummy brought a dish (there were 9 of us - I supplied a dish and drinks as well) and I bought a pumpkin pinata and some prizes for the best dressed kiddo.
We all had fun - i.e. 9 mummys and seventeen kiddoes and the weather, even though a little warmer than I would have liked at the time was great, encouraging all outdoors into the backyard. The kids played well and the mums got to have a great chat. I was very pleased with the entire day's events. One day I'll unload the pics and put them p here. Shouldn't be too long but I'm just too lazy to get off the couch at the moment (Twilight is on the TV) to get the camera.
I made the girls some superhero capes (I didn't want them to get their harem costumes dirty) and dressed them as, DOH, SuperGirls! So cute. Loved it.
So this weekend has been very productive. We went for a super walk with the girls and dogs on Saturday. It has been such a while since we've all been able to go out with the dogs (it's usually too hot when both the girls and dogs are ready to go so the dogs go with Storm really early) which was really lovely. After the girls had their nap we headed up to the local school for their fall festival celebrations. It was a shame that the majority of their games were targeted to those over the age of 2, we still managed to get some games in where the girls could earn some toys.
After dinner we went to the girl's school to their fall festival. It was really good because the girls managed to pat a beautiful horse (they had been so excited to see the horseys all day) and even though nervous, really enjoyed spending ten minutes with the horse just patting it's head and mane. Very special.
So, yesterday Storm and I made a snap decision to drive to Victoria and take the girls to the zoo there. So now we left early this morning and got there a little later than we would have liked but on the flipside the zoo was very empty and almost ours for the two hours we were there.
The girls get the biggest kick out of animals and looked at their animal books on the way there and played with their plastic figures too. They love tigers and lions - heck, practically everything. We saw wolves, coyotes, moneys, birds, deer, otters, a badger, ocelet, petting zoo and many others. It's not like they weren't scared of some things (they were - like the huge python and the stuffed black bear) but they had a ball - until Kendall tripped.
Yes, the concrete was uneven and she fell over it. She fell so flat on her face that she has the concrete print on her forehead. The poor kid cried for the rest of the stay. It certainly didn't help that the pot bellied pig (yes, the one that I want to get) in the petting zoo was feeling a little cranky and nudged her which set her off again. It was a shame as not even the goats could set her straight. She loves piggies which really was quite painful.
Anyway, we had lunch at McDonalds (they ate the apple dippers, milk and fries) while they played on the playset and came home for a nap (yes, mummy had a nanna nap.
We're all exhausted but feel really happy at how the weekend went.
Only two weeks until our first weekend away (Wurstfest in New Braunfels) and we;re so excited. We managed to get the master suite painting finished this weekend too so there's another thing off our list.
I promise - more piccies to come. In the meantime we're getting things done and enjoying life with our two little preciouses.
No comments:
Post a Comment