Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween catchup time.

I know but I pulled the piccies off the camera last night and it was late so I had to wait until today to get them posted.

Oh well better late than never huh?

So, I'll start first with costumes. Mum bought the girl's both harem costumes when she was in Turkey this year. So cute but the girl's are fairly messy when it comes to food, drink etc and I didn't want to get the good costumes wrecked so I came up with another solution for the halloween party. A new costume!

Now I have had the sewing machine out for a bit, making curtains for the girl's room and kitchen etc so I thought that I would "whip" up something.

So after a bit of searching through their closet and my fabric stash I cam up with the thought of a Supergirl outfit. They already had the deep blue star skirts and I had a huge roll of red satin (I know! How fortuitous!). I thought it was cute the way it turned out - what do you think?
 Not quite sure what's running through Syd's head as she's posing for this piccie but she sure pulled it outta nowhere!
 It's disappointing but this is one of the only piccies that I have of one of them standing up in the costume. It was extremely difficult to get them to pose standing up and looking at me. Such a shame.
 I did have plans for putting their initials on their shirts but ran out of time.

They really enjoyed wearing the cape and kept it for long after the hair had been pulled out of the pigtails. It's now going into the fancy dress clothesbin for dress-up days! So much fun!

Anyway, another sewing project that I completed was the girl's candy corn shirts. They looked so cute in them. Candy corn is not a well-known candy in Australia and I'm not a big fan of it but I enjoyed making these for them. Teamed with a tule skirt and some black leggings, they were ready for the orange and back day at school!
 Here they are begging me to let them dance. We have a Tippie Toes dance CD that the girls enjoy bopping along to at every opportunity...
 And what's dancing without some wild arm movements?
 And a jump or two....
 Well, maybe just a listen will do for Kendall.
I enjoyed this sewing effort of mine and am very much looking forward to next year. I am seriously considering a family outfit. All I have to do is talk Storm into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment