I am sorry but obviously I am still behind on posting about our recent weekend away. It's such a shame as we are leaving on Friday for our next weekend away so I hope that I get my butt into gear and get it going, don't you?
Well, to recap I have had a trip to the Drs this week. Unfortunately, the sickness that has plagued us here at Casa de Kulhan spread to my ear and throat and I have had a rather annoying earache that presented itself in all its glory on Thanksgiving Eve. I didn't go to the Dr until the day after Thanksgiving when Ibuprofen wouldn't make a dent in the pain. I'm waiting for the antibiotic level to build up in my system as Day Two is proving to be as painful as before Day One. Not happy. It's lucky that I am quite adept at Cyber shopping.
However, we did manage to get Santa photos done. Now I know that I have just prattled on about how much pain the ear was causing me but I was doped up on the pain meds and able to not lean over too much. But I digress... The kids freaked out about the big man. Yes, not happy at all. All it took was one look at Santa and Kendall said no with Sydney at least agreeing to hit the line. It was when we got to the front of the line that Sydney proved to be rather adept at trying to run up our bodies to get away. Yes, I liken it to when you try to bath a cat and luckily Storm was with me to help cope. The only way that we could get anything resembling a photo was to sit beside (Storm with Kendall) and on Santa's lap (Me with Sydney). Both girls look rather disgusted and unamused in the pic. I am planning on scanning it in shortly. Probably tomorrow.
Thanksgiving was spent with our neighbours next door. They had their family over and us all over which was a nice way to spend the day. It was really nice to not have to drive. They deep fried the turkey (tasted good! and I DO NOT like turkey) and had all the usual sides (green bean casserole, yams, mashed potato, gravy, pies etc) which was lovely. We ate and frank until we were all full. The kids (theirs and ours) played nicely and so did the dogs (yes we brought the boys over and both Rudy and Oscar played with Jax for hours!).
Anyway.
So next weekend we're off to Fredericksburg for their Christmas festival. We're arriving in time for the Santa parade and the lighting of the tree. Looking forward to it a lot as (finally) the weather will be somewhat winterish/cooler and feel a little like Christmas. I was getting worried that we'd have an Aussie Christmas day where we wake up, unwrap presents, eat breakfast and hit the breach before coming back for a cold lunch and a nap in the afternoon before hitting leftovers. Ahhhh. Sorry - memories. I must admit that Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas unless it's cold.
So the tree is up and all is decorated and blinged out in the Christmas fashion. I love it. We're watching Hallmark and LMN movies with all sorts of Christmas themes (corny but fun!) and I have the pine tree/clove/cinnamon scents going through the house.
So Syd is trying to climb out of her crib. Yes, I am trying to keep them there as long as possible but I'm afraid it will not be long until she's successful at escaping. I am so dreading it.
Anyway, I have to run and get some more ibuprofen so I can sleep. My ear hurts more when I lay down.
I will get the piccies soon - I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment