The sickness has not left the Kulhan household. Both the kids and I are still struggling with sore throats and earaches on a variety of levels. When I picked up the girls from daycare yesterday I was told by the teachers that Sydney had not stopped coughing all day. Poor love couldn't even drink her juice on the way home from school as she kept spitting it up with every cough. So I ended up taking her to the Drs yesterday (new doctor as ours - which I hated - weren't working) . They tested her for RSV and the flu which thankfully came back negative for both but ending up prescribing a steroid and antibiotic. She's still having coughing moments so the meds are taking a while kicking in. She did spend last night with us and it was rough for all involved. Poor love.
I just hope that Kendall isn't going to be as affected as Syd was but I don't hold out much hope.
Anyway, back to posting piccies.
Halloween:
As I wrote in previous posts, Mum bought the girls some harem costumes when she was in Turkey earlier this year. The girls loved them a lot with the jingling coins on the fringe of the hats.
We went trick-or-treating with our next door neighbours, Corey, Amanda and their 2 year-old Kady. Kady was dressed up a Little Red Riding Hood and was quite happy to be pulled around in their little red wagon like ours.
Unfortunately, Kendall was in a difficult mood. She wasn't happy posing for pics and had a couple of moments wanting to be "that child". There was a breeze that night which made the girls rip their hats off due to the wind blowing the veil back into their face. So we only managed to get a couple of pics that are actually decent.
Here is a pic of Syd with a face on. BTW - Don't you love that Oscar is coming around Corey's car in the background? He was loving just running around.
Syd and Kady posing.
Me struggling with Kendall. She was in such a foul mood.
All three girls took quite well to going up to the houses so much that by the third house there was no hesitation and even the occasional knocking on the door/ringing the bell. We couldn't get the "Trick-or-treat" chant out of them - oh well, maybe next year.
I wanted to get in the piccies of my recycled halloween deccies. Yes, the milk cartons that were drawn on and then had the lights placed inside actually looked quite good. The only problem was that some of the lights failed. So it should have had a bucketload more impact. Shame.
I'll try and get the pics of last weekend's trip to New Braunfels and our Wurstfest experience online soon. We're off to Fredricksberg in a couple of weekends for their Christmas parade and Santa visits so I need to clear the memory card. We've also got the trip to Greenville, SC a month after that so we've got lots of piccie opportunities coming up.
No comments:
Post a Comment