It was a flop but it wasn't anyone else's fault but my own. Why did I think that we could manage a day outside in the beautiful spring air and sunshine?
Firstly, the time that the parade started clashed with the girls sleeping routine but I wasn't about to wake them up so we waited until they woke up on their own. So we were late and I HATE to be late.
Secondly, waiting for them to wake up on their own meant that other things got put by the wayside in the attempt to get to Henderson in a timely fashion. One of those things was their bottle. Not that they were screaming for it (please do not get the mindset that I would deny my girls and we did have 1/2 an hour before they were due...) but after we got there and were about half way up the parade route both girls burst into tears and were fairly inconsolable. So we fed by the side of the street. Now remember that the girls are sort out of sorts in the first place at the moment as well so the bottle didn't get even remotely finished so they were grumpy and not happy because...
Thirdly, I forgot about how loud it would be. The Harley-Davidson's, the fire trucks, the corvette parade, the marching bands. Yes, all of that stuff. Why, (I know you're asking) did I forget about the noise? Don't know - no answer. Either way the girls didn't appreciate the "ambience" of it all.
Anyway, so once we had found the Galvin's (sans Landree) we managed a quick "how's it going?" before I came to the realization that the girls were in no way ready for such a morning and before I could get an "I told you so" from Storm, it was time to leave. So we made our way back to the car with Kendall falling asleep on the way home. Sydney didn't and it became apparent that it was going to be a crappy afternoon once we arrived home as Kendall woke up with the poops and Sydney was already poopy so there was whinging and whining all around (me included!). Fingers crossed everyone can have a nap and get rid of the personality malfunctions. Me? I'll just drink a bucket of coffee and live with the shakes for a couple of hours or so....
So, after our experience today it seems that the general consensus is that if we don't HAVE to do it during the "hotspot hours", it's not gonna get done in the "hotspot hours".
In saying that though, we do need to get another set of luggage for the upcoming trip back to Oz. And as we leave in 3 weekends time, tomorrow is the luggage purchase day. Yay?????
No comments:
Post a Comment