Sunday, July 18, 2010

And we're off!

So, I can't believe it!  It only took me 3 months to finish off the blogging about the trip - must be a record huh?

Anyway, as Stormy is out with a mate tonight (downtown at some shady bar eating $2.99 shrimp cocktails -I hope we don't have a repeat of the jalapeno incident- and drinking cheap arse beer) I have stayed and looked after our beautiful progeny. They, of course were angels and as Kendall is now crawling like a stroke victim (I mean it - she only uses her right arm and leg! She's got to watch it or else she'll keep going around in circles!) she is sleeping so soundly as the exercise is plumb tuckering her out!

So, I'm sitting here cruising all the craft websites and wishing I had half their enthusiasm/skill/resources/imagination I have also looked through a couple of pics (post-Oz) and a couple of the girls caught my eye.

Sydney. Drooling and looking so cute.

Kendall - A typical pose for her. I swear I wish she had a dummy fixation like Syd does. It would be so much easier when it comes to "the time". You know when the dummy fairy comes and takes the dummies to the new babies who need them.
Syd - Such a cute smile. She just poses for photos now so easily. There used to be a time that when the camera came out that both girls would just "stun mullet" themselves and give me the most boring pics. Not now. Now, they are really becoming so much fun!
Kendall - Getting cheeky. She has the funniest laugh now and has this facial expression where she will suck the air in her mouth (her lips shaped like she has just heard someone curse) and hold the expression until you laugh and then she'll join you. She'll keep doing it until she gets bored or we do. Most times, it's us as the girl really has stamina!
Syd - Now since the girls are more aware, it's become quite an event when we go into their bedrooms once they're awake. As Syd is the one who is first seen when you open their door, this is usually what we would see as we go in. Syd's head poking over the bumper (now removed but that's another story) with a huge smile on her dial!
And of course - our fur babies! These boys are so good with the girls. Rudy just loves them - I mean loves them! When we get up in the morning he is so happy to see the girls that he greets both with such joy and enthusiasm that he knocks them over sometimes! Oscar licks them but only if their hands have been in food or something. The girls get so excited to see both of them and will often crawl (well Syd did but now Kendall is on the move so it applies to her as well as of yesterday and today!) to them and play with their fur. We once caught Syd sitting next to Rudy, happy as Larry, just running both hands through his hair, repeating it time and time again. She was fascinated and he was thrilled (someone to pat him endlessly, what joy!) Oscar is just thrilled that he can sit under their high chairs and catch the fallout (he has such patience and is rewarded constantly!). Both boys just rock!

1 comment:

  1. Love the girls' pics. Syd's smile is the cutest darn thing!

    ReplyDelete