I wanted to be really crafty and do as much as I possibly could decorationswise and foodwise for their birthday party. It started about 6 weeks out with their invitations. I knew that I had to get people to plan their 4th of July weekend with the girl's party in mind (the party was on the 3rd). So I got the craft supplies and the cricut out with huge plans and ideas.
The first thing was the invitation.
I did do a better job on the glitter around the number one on the others (it was more of a squiggle). I made about 6 or 7 and it took me a while to plan it out. I consulted with Kerri and she gave me a tip or two and I went on from there.
I also went on to make their birthday sign.
It's hard to focus on in the pic and of course, I didn't get a proper picture of it but I made all the flowers that decorated the pieces and cut out all the letters as well as the circles and contrasting shapes on the ovals. Thankfully I had the cricut...
I'm getting a bit ahead of myself as their actual birthday was a couple of days before the party. I got them some patty cakes from the bakery and we skyped mum and sang happy birthday in the backyard while they stared blankly at the patty cake not realizing what they should do with it.
With some encouragement they played with it and put a small amount in their mouths (I was secretly happy that they don't have my sugar addiction!) They ended up covered in red and green frosting. (I ate some - of course!)
To clean them off we put them in the pool and then opened presents. We bought them a swing (yet to be put up at that stage) and bought them some assorted toys to play in the sandpit that the Galvins gave them. Mum had bought them some bunnykins and their Uncle Simon an Aunty Katie had some toys mailed to them from Macy's. The girls sort of got the paper unwrapping/ripping thing but I really had to help them in the end.
I cannot believe that the time has gone by. Both Storm and I talked about it and even though it's fantastic that the girls are doing what they're doing, I realized that I miss those days when either of the girls would all asleep in my arms.
So I came up with a few things that I miss:
1. Their baby waas! (read crying)
2. The teeny, tiny clothes they wore. They were so small that we had to wait until they were about 5 days old before they actually fit into the preemie clothes. So teeny...
3. Having them fall asleep in my arms and be so content as they were laying on my chest.
4. Watching them try cereal for the first time.
5. Their first smile (intentional not gas...)
Things I don't miss:
1. Sterilizing the bottles.
2. Mixing the formula.
3. Bathing the girls in the tabletop bathtub.
4. Having to rock them to sleep EVERY nap/sleep.
5. Sydney's night terror thingey's that she would have everynight about 45 minutes after going to bed and waking up Kendall so she suffered as well.
6. The 1/2 to 3/4 hour that it would take to get the girls back to sleep after Syd's night terror thingey's.
7. Constipation and having to massage their bellies/abdomen whilst they cried out in pain.
8. Holding their bottles whilst they drank.
9. Feeding them every mouthful.
10. Knowing that I still have all the baby weight (and more!) and now have no excuse as the girls are older and I should have made time.....
Things that ROCK now:
1. They're on the move!
2. Sleeping through the night (except for when Syd throws the dummy out of the crib and then cries until she gets another...)
3. Kendall's laugh and smile that just won't quit.
4. Sydney's speed and love of the word - SPAGHETTI and OH No!
5. Holding their own bottles.
6. Sippy cups.
7. Feeding themselves.
8. How they just adore both Rudy and Oscar and really enjoy being with them.
9. And going to bed by themselves and loving naptime.....
10. Peakaboo and the ooo, ooo game with Kendall.
Sigh...it's going soooo fast now. If I blink will I miss their 18th?

No comments:
Post a Comment