I had been on Craigslist last night (just looking for nothing in particular etc) and had seen a description of a garage sale that sounded interesting. It was close to home and I kinda knew where it was so we just headed up to it rather than heading straight home.
I'm happy with the $15.50 that we spent. Check it out...
This was $10. It's a wine cabinet thingey. Stands about 3 feet tall.
Storm spied these next things the minute we pulled up. A buck a-piece! I put the glass cleaner bottle next to them so that you can get an idea of size. Really happy that I can decorate them for Halloween with creepy crawly stuff (cue spooky muzak) or fall stuff or Christmas stuff. Or just put candles in them even....
(The ones at the back weren't cleaned at time of photo taking time)
I also spied this little beauty. I'm not sure exactly what it was but it's a galvanized chest with leather handles. It has 6 compartments in it and will be perfect for crafting projects. She had $2 on it! I will paint it and use my cricut for lettering. Oh the possibilities!
Now I was lucky that my friend Carole came around to the house today. We decided to head up to my (read oh! so!) favourite store RODWORKS so she could check it out. I had spoken about it often and knew that she would absolutely die for some of the stuff that they have up there. Well she did. The prices are so fantastic so I (of course!) bought stuff. Most of it Halloween items ranging in prices from $1.95 to $3.95. I've stored it in my new crafting box (you can see it in the compartments above! I'll reveal more once it comes to time).
The item that I was after the most had been discounted to $17.00 and I got the second last one ( a lady took the last one whilst I was putting the one that I got onto the counter). I'm so happy with my set of pumpkins that I put them on top of our new wine cabinet thingey.
This is one of the Halloween decorations that I got. I just couldn't resist hanging it up. It's the cutest black, glittery owl perching on a twig. So cute and only $3.95! Love it!
Can't wait for fall now and the decor changes that it will bring. Sigh.....
P.S. Just in case you were counting, the total came up to $15.00 and I told you that we spent $15.50. Well, I also got an Elmo DVD for the girls for 50 cents. Can't forget the girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment