So, I just wouldn't be an Aussie if I didn't introduce my kids to Vegemite. It is the choice of toast covering for my breakfast everyday. As a kid I had 2 slices of toast with Vegemite and a cup of tea. As an adult I have continued but the tea is now coffee.
Mind you I have been known to mix it up with this perennial favourite of mine. For example, I believe that 2 slices of toast, topped with butter and Vegemite, a fried egg for each slice and tomato sauce (ketchup for the yanks amongst us) scares the yukky feeling of a hangover away! (Add a choccy milk and I am in serious blissdom....)
For lunch a cheese and Vegemite sandwich rocks as does a Vegemite and honey sanga for an afternoon snack. Vegemite is a wonderful addition in a gravy and adds flavour beyond compare to a Sao (Aussie savoury biscuit!) or vitaweats to make worms (Aussie thing - too hard to explain!). It's no wonder that I didn't hesitate to introduce my kiddies to the wonderful world of Vegemite.
I am so proud to say that my kiddies love it as much as I do. They pounce on their lunchtime special everyday with gusto and such zest. It tugs my heartstrings!
It's messy work eating Vegemite...
P.S. I cannot tell you how impressed I am with blogger that they actually have Vegemite in their spellcheck!
No comments:
Post a Comment