Here is my countdown with 41 observations about me turning 41.
41. I have given up on making new years resolutions as they do not work for me.
40. I think about being organized more than I actually am and plan on working on achieving perfection in this area this decade.
39. I'm realizing that I need to have an outlet that is not child/hubby/work related. I need to get back into scrapbooking and crafting again and look forward to it when we move to TX.
38. I have become noticibly more chicken-s**t when it comes to doing stuff now and will never bungy-jump, skydive or do any of the things that I wanted to do when I was younger. Having the girls made me more aware of random accidents that could take me away from them. Not gunna happen.
37. I am aware that I will be dye-ing my hair for the rest of my life in one way or another. Be it blonde highlights or a brunette rinse it will have to cover up the gray that has made it's home in my hair.
36. I have figured out what works for me and won't so therefore tend to stay within the same group of clothes styles/items, hair styles/colours and make up.
35. Coffee means so much more to me than ever before.
34. I still change into sweats/casual clothes when I get home. This goes back to my school days when I would have to change out of my uniform the minute I got home from school.
33. I think that I'm a better mum now that I'm this age versus if I had of had the girls when I was younger.
32. I actually enjoy watching Hallmark movies that are feelgood and somewhat cliche. I still enjoy the zombie/horror/world's gonna end films but don't watch them as much anymore as they tend to make me think of Point 29.
31. I have trouble letting something go and have an incredible need to be in control of things. {Unless I have absolute faith in the person who is in charge and believe in them that much to do the task to my standard}.
30. I am beginning to become one of those people who refuse to learn any more technologies. I am quite happy being that person who sounds like the grandmother who won't use an ATM or a cell phone.
29. I have also begun to think that zombies or a world wide epidemic of plague proportions is getting closer to reality everyday and always think of exit strategy every where I go. {Note: I have yet to come up with the ideal plan with the two kiddoes in tow}
28. I am becoming a firm believer in the role of having a weapon in the house. One that is properly secured and only used for the protection of the home and those within.
27. I've become more and more opinionated as I get older. I believe that rules/regulations were put in place for the good of the community and that anyone who violates someone's rights/things/house/property/family etc deserves to be shot. There is no place in this world for those who aren't willing to be productive members of the community. See, aren't I opinionated?
26. My memory is going and I'm having to put things back in the same places each time otherwise I waste precious time looking for them.
25. Speaking of memory I am slowly turning into my grandmother with her problem of calling a member of the family every other member of the family's name until she gets to the right one. Picture me looking at Sydney and saying "Storm. Kendall. Rudy. Oscar. You. You. Sydney that's right". Not good. I think that the girls are getting a bit confused as to their correct name.
24. I'm distinctly qualified to yell at stupid drivers now that I've been driving for over 20 years. {Even if they are driving the car I'm travelling in..}
23. I've realized that I cannot sit in cinema seats comfortably. I'm always thinking of the person who was sitting there before me. {This is cheating a bit as I've felt this way a while but recently it's been giving me the creeps a lot more...} Since we've been in the U.S. we've been to the movies twice {in 7 years}. It's got to be a real good movie that keeps me enthralled and not thinking about the germies on the seaties.
22. I've realized that buying clothes that don't need to be ironed or alternatively fold/hang them the minute they come out of the dryer is an absolute necessity for me. After all this time I know I don't like ironing.
21. Speaking of things that I've figured out I don't like... cleaning bathrooms.
20. Or vacuuming...
19. Or dusting...
18. Guess housework just sucks all around for me doesn't it? I'm going to have to earn more money and get a cleaner.
17. Going out just doesn't interest me anymore. I worked in hospitality for many, many years and noise, smoke and people making stupid conversation just doesn't hold my interest.
16. I would rather have a BBQ/get together at someone's house/go out for a casual dinner and catch up with friends that way.
15. I've become real particular about who I care about.
14. I don't have a lot of time for people who are pains in my arse and are suckers of my life. Sometimes it's harder to get rid of them out of my life than I'd like but I'm smart and dedicating a part of my brain to figuring out a way to do it efficiently and effectively.
13. I've now become that person who has to hold a piece of paper at a certain distance to read it. I find that incredibly funny. {I know that one day I'll have to get glasses but that means I'll also have to overcome the issues two points down.}
12. I am unable to bend at the knees and get back up again. Both knees {especially the right} are unstable and sometimes feel that they're about to bend backwards. {Damn playing soccer and being athletic for all those years. I shouldn't have exercised!}
11. I don't like going to the Doctor. I find waiting a significant amount of time for 5 minutes with someone who has may or may not be having a bad day/not eaten/got to get done for the day and doesn't really take the time to get to know me and my issue a waste of my time. {Mind you if I got rid of the HMO it might not be so bad :)}
10. I should know better by this age that buying quality products should be the way to go but I still usually lean towards quantity over quality.
9. I am now in the "middle" part of my life.
8. I feel that I have had enough life experience to be able to lecture my kids successfully and tell them things {now, if only they would a) listen, b) care and c) understand!}
7. I'm getting to the point where trends are starting to come around again. Yes, I should have kept my wardrobe accessories from 1987 {not the clothes though - who am I kidding?}
6. I consider myself to be very lucky to have travelled to 38 countries and lived for an extended amount of time in three {not including my home country}. Mind you I worked hard holding down two jobs working a total of 15 hours a day, 6 days a week for 3 months to get there for one trip but I was still lucky.
5. I was 21 when my mum turned 41.
4. My grandmother was a grandmother at age 41.
3. It's only nine years until I turn 50. Sigh.
2. It's still nine years until I turn 50! Woo hoo.
1. Hey, it's my birthday and any birthday where I get presents is great for me! I love presents
No comments:
Post a Comment