The girls tried chinese and cupcakes on my birthday. {Yes my dreams came true. Singapore noodles and red velvet cupcakes - who could want for more?} I am happy to report that they actually liked the singapore noodles - surprised the heck out of me! - and all of that curry flavour! I am also happy to report that my sugar addiction seems - at this stage - to have skipped a generation! Both girls are not interested in the sugary, delectable, creamy tastiness that is a freshly made cupcake. {Note my mouth is watering severely right now}. They weren't interested in cakes for their birthday and it seems to be same 7 months later {PHEW!}.
Kendall enjoyed the noodles.
Syd was ok with flavour until she got a mouthful of extra "curry-ness". Apart from that she was scoffin' down the noodles.
But doesn't cream cheese frosting help with curry overload?
In my case yes, but unfortunately not Syd's.
Kendall ate a little - seriously I mean a little!
I know what you're thinking.
Are these girls actually related to me? I mean they don't even finish off a 1/4 of a cupcake each? Fortunately, there are other aspects of them and their personality that prove it to be so.
Thankfully. 'Cos I love them so.
So, onto another day...
A day spent in the backyard...sorry I correct myself. It was a morning spent in the backyard. On the swings, the slide and the sandpit.
Well actually Kendall did what Kendall does...played with the puppy dogs first. I mean come on people - priorities!
Syd loves the swing. Luckily the house in Portland has a swingset already so they won't miss out on this fun!
Yes, Kendall cannot help but look cute with that little smile.
Rudy soaking up the sun {and for a moment - none of the girls attention!}
After the puppy play and swing time it was time for the sandpit. And before anyone rolls their eyes at my hairdressing techniques I would like to offer the following defense!
They move and wriggle and won't sit still for even a minute when it's time for the piggies to go in. I mean trying to get a center part in their hair is like well...getting me to pay for a taxi!
Kendall is not a big fan of sand. {Who knows how she'll do once we move down south. We plan on visiting the beach quite often so fingers crossed this "phase" of wiping sand away and refusing to sit in it will pass.}
Pony time.
One of the girl's chrissy pressies was this radio flyer ride-on rocking horse. The horse is soft and quite bouncy and for some reason this really freaked both girls out. I had planned on selling it on craigslist to get rid of it as they wouldn't even go near it but lately they've started to use it.
Syd's so happy riding her new friend.
You wouldn't imagine that Kendall actually burst into tears just by looking at this toy and here she is hugging it as she rides...
But as always we have tears and/or fighting. Usually Kendall is the first to get physical, leaving Syd crying.
{I want you to know that I had the camera on sports mode and took those two pics in quick succession. I quickly put down the camera and removed both children from the situation. I wouldn't just sit there as my kids have an altercation!}
And this is where they went. To the boxes. Such fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment