Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gettin' closer!

Can you believe that it's now less than 8 weeks until we make the biggest move in our lives?

Yes, this time in 8 weeks we'll be in Texas. Fort Stockton, Texas but Texas nonetheless. We'll be about 7 hours driving time but 10 hours travelling time away from our end destination...Portland. Our new home.

Both Storm and I have done some moving in our lives. I mean coming to the U.S. with 2 bags each was a pretty big move in itself but we class this one as our biggest move because we now have so much more to take with us.

We're both so excited but also so nervous. The first half of April is going to be pretty hectic for us between going to L.A. for 6 days then home. Then in 3 days we have to pack up our entire lives and ship it and our car off to meet us down there and then make the trek in the RV with kids, dogs and thankfully a mother-in-law in tow.

I think we're ahead of the game at the moment. I have the house pretty much packed {well as much as it can be at this point} and have to decided to hold a "pre-garage sale" sale. This so I don't get left with much and I feel that the organized rummage sale thingey that I have a stall at {a local school fundraiser held in their carpark and advertised locally} is too close to my deadline so I want to get ahead by having something beforehand.

We've started working on the odd jobs that need to be done around the house. This weekend it's both bathrooms and {hopefully it it doesn't rain} the front and backyards.

Storm's worried that everything won't be done in time but I'm not. As long as I stick to my schedule in my book {mind you I keep adding to it on a nearly daily basis!} we'll be a-ok.

Keep your fingers/knees/eyes crossed that I do not lose this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment