Monday, February 14, 2011

Religion

Religion...such a polarizing topic.

Storm could care less about it but it's been weighing a lot on my mind lately.

I want the girls to get christened/baptised. {How sad is it that I don't even know the correct terminology for my own religion?}

Here is the dilemma. Storm is Catholic. I am Church of England {Anglican}. The girls {obviously} are nothing. Now I know that it's not a big leap from Catholic to Anglican - not as big a leap as some others anyway - but the girls will be of the Church of England faith. {We're going to follow the rule of thumb for religion choice as demonstrated by the jewish community. The child follows the mothers faith}.



Now it's not like we're religious in any way. There is no Sunday worshipping or even sporadic holiday worshipping. There is no grace at the table nor prayers each night. There is however an awareness of God on my part. Storm is cynical and wants no part of it.

So, it seems clear that the girls follow in my footsteps with the Anglican faith.

Luckily enough the Anglican church here in town is just down the street and the Reverend there was a patient at the chiropractic clinic that I first worked at years ago. I've just got to find some time to get my booty down there to find out if it can be done in my timeline.

I hope so. This is bugging me and been on my mind for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment