First things, first...the countdown. 4 weeks from today we'll be in L.A. with Storm's mum Mavis. We'll be set up at the conference center and getting ready for manning the booth on the Monday. It's also 6 weeks until we'll be in the house for a whole day. Woo hoo! Excitement!!!!
So this week held deadline and work, work, work. It's great to get things "put to bed" {our technical term} and this week coming will hold post-production on the audio series. Can't wait for that to be "put to bed".
We were all on TV this week! I was interviewed in January for the fertility center that we went through to have the girls, a kind of testimonial. The crew that came to the house told me that they would contact me to tell me when it was going to air and since I haven't heard from them since I hadn't given it much thought. The first I knew that it was on air came with a text from an old workmate and a phone call from another. Storm and I managed to catch a snippet of it {the still that they took of us all on our couch} but haven't caught it in its entirety. Hopefully soon!
The girl's have had an especially whiney time this week. Both of them are cutting their eye teeth and it's taking its toll on the poor buggars. All four on each child are various stages and both girls have been inconsistent with eating, drinking and joyfulness. I really hate teething. I know they do too.
We had our garage sale yesterday. I spent a little bit of time setting the garage up for it and had everything out nice and early. So happy as all the big stuff went {we weren't holding out for mega dollars} and so our backyard looks somewhat normal again and the interior of the house is looking larger everyday. {I had some big toys of the kids inside! But not anymore!} So now I only
have small stuff to take to the rummage sale fundraiser that I have a booth at next Saturday. Phew. Once this is all done it will be such a weight off my shoulders!
I just realized that it appears that April is historically a very busy time for us. Last year it was our trip back to Australia for my brother's wedding and the renovations on the house and the year before that was the trip to UCSF for the surgery on the girls and I. This year we have the conference and the move to TX so I wonder what next year will hold for us?
The RV is finally as finished as its going to be until we get down to TX. Today we put up the tabs to hold the curtains back and tidied it all up. Now we plan on getting stuff into it in prep of the trip. I'll get piccies soon but you'll have to remember that it doesn't look finished without the mattresses in it. I'll explain that when I post the piccies. Storm did a good job. I'm very proud of all the work he has done.
We're also getting odd jobs done around the house. Not to confess too much but we can now use our dishwasher after 11 months of not using it. Sigh...At least Kim will be able to use it.
So, right now our life is pretty much the same everyday and it's all head down, bum up! We're moving forward with the countdown to M-day and afterward the roadtrip-days...
No comments:
Post a Comment