Monday, March 21, 2011

Week in review...

Well, {obviously - considering my previous posts} we're in the 2nd last week of our countdown. This time in two weeks we'll be in L.A. with Storm doing his pre-conference mutter {I hate conferences...why do we do conferences?...I hate this...and so on and so forth} with Nanny Mavis seeing her girls for the third time in their lives. And of course that means that this time in 4 weeks we'll be in the house in TX. No furniture, fridge and eating take out on camping chairs but hey, we'll be there and we'll be together, starting again.

So this week has been busy. My hair got a new cut and colour which was supposed to be fixed...{yes I don't like it and have been wearing a ponytail ever since} but since my hairdresser got sick this weekend I am going back in tomorrow for a fix-up. Cannot wait as I look like a goth!

I'm almost finished up with the post-production on the annual audio event. This year was really difficult due to some major rearranging that I had to do with many speakers work's. I think I'll handle the organization next year as Storm didn't advise them what we needed with every audio. No exceptions! I'm not sure how this year's will go down with our customers as it's quite difficult to get through. Either way, my most frustrating part is over with and now it's just the gussy-ing up that I need to complete.

The girls have been crazy this week. I mean, unbelievably crazy. Why they have to touch everything, all the time {in spite of us telling them not to, of course!} is just mind blowing to me. Kendall has now taken to touching whatever she wants to touch - let's take the bin for an example, and we're not just talking about touching the outside, this girl likes to get her hands dirty! - she will look at either Storm or myself with such a look of...challenge! She knows she's doing wrong and defying us by ignoring us but she'll be such a buggar and keep doing it just to yank our chain.

As for our little Syd...she is just the same but she has also discovered the little piece of fun that is running in the other direction! Yes, Storm found this out the hard way yesterday with both Kendall and Syd running in different directions in Target. Very scary as they - especially Syd - are enjoying being chased and with only one parent in charge it's certainly a challenge keeping them in the same direction. I wish that stores would stock two seater shopping carts. If we can keep the girls entertained and contained it would be much easier to run errands. Either that or they could listen and obey mummy and daddy. Oh well, we can live in hope. 

At least their eye teeth have cut {finally - it feels like forever!} so they're not as whiney {but that is a matter of opinion if you ask Storm} but they are both shoving everything and anything in their mouths to help the teeth come through. The drool is insane and I really have to watch what they're putting in there! I cannot wait for the teeth to all come through! Sigh.

But on the flipside. Both girls are such a joy and really fun. They're both super affectionate right now and with their senses of humour are really rockin'. I really enjoy being their mum {even though they won't say my name or anything for that matter - oh except for woof, woof!}

Update on the pups - poor Rudy doesn't know what's happening. He worries so much and has stuck to Storm and I like glue in case we go anywhere without him. He's not happy and I'm sure that his trip to Aunty Marilyn's when we go to L.A. won't help much. Oscar is Oscar - like one of the guys up at the dog park says - he's the happiest dogs he's ever seen. Gotta love them.

So, it's another busy week this upcoming week with the girl's heart appointment, a couple of other appointments for me and our going away party on Saturday. I've also got to complete the rest of our conference decor {requires some sewing, printing and CD production!} and some other administrative stuff for the accountant in prep for the quarter end {not happy that it's all due when we're on the road!}.

Fingers crossed I'll get some more sleep and knock it out of the park! Woo hoo!

P.S. By the way - I am super bummed that Kylie is finally coming to Vegas but it'll be in May and we won't be here. Kylie is up there {almost with Madonna!} in my must-see artists! 7 years in Vegas and she picks now! So not fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment