Saturday, February 27, 2010

At last!!!!

Some of you may not know but my keys have been "lost" for the last two months. I put the word lost in "" as I know it's hard to believe...me misplacing something?..Storm maybe but definitely not me!

The last time that I remember having them was when Mum was here in early January. We had such a crazy start to the year and I knew that I just couldn't have lost them that I wasn't really stressed about not being able to find them (as I just knew that they were somewhere here in the house because I need the car keys to drive the car home don't I?). At first I thought they must be in a jacket pocket or pair of jeans that I'd put away but after checking all of those places they weren't there. My next thought was that they were in the garage somewhere - perhaps I'd put them down on a box and they'd fallen in etc? We haven't yet gone through the garage to look for them and to generally tidy up as it has been too cold plus we've actually had colds and been wrapping up the 2010 audio event (Yay!).

It kinda sucked as we've been using the one set of keys (because I wasn't paying about $300 to get a new set for the car nor paying the USPS to have another key cut for the P.O. Box) and it's always scary when Storm leaves the house as his reputation for losing things does preceed him! I've been waiting for the call - "Nik, I've lost my keys..." and we've got no spare!

So imagine my surprise when I was adjusting a whole bunch of pillows on the round couch (I have recently bought a whole bunch of new pillows at Target for $6 -bargain - and haven't thrown out all the old ones as yet so I have a surplus at the moment!) as they had all slipped down and were generally uncomfortable to lay on when I noticed something shiny at the back of the chair underneath all the pillows. I reached down and lo and behold...my keys!


I'm so happy that I had to blog about it. I can keep my unblemished record for not losing things (touch wood!)

No comments:

Post a Comment