Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter olympics

So, we've been spending a bit of time watching the winter olympics. When we were in Vancouver for the six weeks we really enjoyed the city and all it had to offer. It's been fun watching it all unfold on the tv.

Anyway, it seems that land DOWN UNDER has scored a gold medal in women's snowboarding (who knew we had that much snow? Just kidding,, there's one whole mountain of it!) Yes, Torah Bright is our new icon of success. Congrats girl! Well done!


So Storm asked me what event I would be in if I was in the winter olympics. Without a doubt I said "Curling!".


It has been on every channel, every day and for some unknown reason we are mesmorized by it. We were both fans of lawn bowls at home (our going away party was held at a lawn bowls club) and can appreciate the talent/skill that goes into rolling an object slowly towards another. The fact that you don't have to have a body fat percentage of less than 10 and that you can drink whilst you play, holds a huge fascination for us. Finally, something I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment