Monday, August 16, 2010

Bored - and not tired

I know - it's late and I should be taking advantage of the fact that the kids are finally sleeping through the night again (ok Syd stirs a couple of times when she can't find her dummy...) and hit the sack. But I can't! I'm just not tired.

Why is it that I can be absolutely exhausted in the morning and throughout the day but when it comes to night, nights I am completely unable to go to sleep at a reasonable time? Storm has been asleep for at least an hour (he watched The Next Food Network Star - Aarti won - YAY! Can't wait to learn from her and her show!) as are the dogs and kiddies. So why not me?

I have just watched a silly movie (Eragon - based on the book that I really enjoyed but the movie was poor) and have now turned over to Cupcake Wars on the food network. (I don't know why I am watching this as I have not allowed anything tasty or sugary past my lips for the past 3 1/2 weeks and I am kinda reaping the benefits but I love the creativity of the cupcake challenges. One of the ones they've done is try and create cupcakes using bizarre ingredients e.g. curry and make it yummy, delicious and visually appealing. Gotta love that!)

Anyway, so I'm bored and have been blog hopping as well as watching the silly movie. Am counting down the days until Hawaii. Cannot wait for the holiday of the year.

So, I'm going to go and start the nightime ritual of removing the makeup and brushing the teeth and hopefully that will help get me in the mood for sleeeeeeppppppp!

1 comment:

  1. Like the post- more about you! I watched that Cupcake Wars with curry. Still sounds nasty to me! I forgot to tell you I saw double kid carts at Target. Not the huge one for older kids but smaller for toddlers. Perfect for the girls.

    ReplyDelete