What have we been up to I hear you ask? Well it hasn't been a lot even though I feel that we've been extremely busy.
We did go up to the Staheli Family Farm in St George, UT last weekend. We drove up around Saturday lunchtime thinking that the girls would nap (not!) and stayed overnight in a local motel. The farm was as a working farm goes - stinky (poopy cow smells), dusty but fun and so great to get away out of town. They had a great setup of a petting zoo, farm themed jungle gyms for the kids, a cow train, horse rides, a pumpkin patch and a corn maize/maze (he he). A few friends also went up to see the "Field of Screams" (read scary corn field maze) and stayed overnight as well so we had a chance to hang out. As much as we can with the kids in tow....
Our new mode of transport for the girls during the cooler months. They are so loving their little red wagon.
Putting their shoes on because I don't have their shoes on all the time (they aint walking yet) but I keep forgetting that they are standing and lurve to get out and about. It's just sucky that their out and about involves using their hands on the floor which on a farm won't happen on my watch. On the bright side they really loved the straw for some reason. Texture? Right height? Could be banged like a drum? No clue...
Storm and Syd in front of the donkeys and cows. {Look at those mountains in the background!} Sydney has a curiosity for things and is constantly pointing at anything wanting to be shown it. She's very happy to get into anything as long as she feels safe. She feels safe in our arms which means that we have to go where she points. How much fun is that?
It's quite cool now as Kendall used to be so afraid of animals (everything except for Rudy and Oscar) but that day she was so happy to pat the goats and look at the bunnies, turkey's (look out boys thanksgiving's a comin'!) and would have pet a horse except it was further away from the fence (and also I wouldn't have let her pat the horse's face - horse bites are yukky). She did come so close to a calf when I was petting it that it snotted on her. Charming I know but she has really come along with her confidence which is so great. There was a pumpkin patch where you could pick your own pumpkin (yes in the background there are people picking pumpkins from rows and rows of vines throughout the field). Our hands were full enough with the girls that there was no room for a pumpkin. But we could pose the girls beside one...
Again, look at the hills! I am always reminded of the movie Footloose when I go to Utah even though it as filmed closer to SLC.
Syd. She wasn't not sure if she wanted to cry or keep exploring around the pumpkins. Either way I really love this pic of her. So cute...
My little country bumpkin chewing on a piece of straw. Must be my country blood coming out in her.
Kendall really enjoyed herself later dancing away to the music whilst she was eating her dinner (yes I caved and gave a hotdog and chicken strips at the farm but I want you to know that I did get her to eat broccoli later that night! Both of them knocked off some mac and cheese quite well). And after a good night's sleep we went and did some {very minor} damage at the outlet mall the next day before stopping at the Cracker Barrel for a disastrous lunch (the girls were tired and done) and going home to the boys.
I enjoyed getting out of town and visiting somewhere new.
Awesome pics of the girls at the pumpkin patch. Great sunset! Also love their play area.
ReplyDelete