Sydney is almost there!
Where I hear you ask?
Walking is the where.
Let me backtrack. Storm and I have been encouraging the girls to walk back and forth between us in their bedroom {carpeted} and Sydney has been doing well in the 4 feet that we allow. Today we took them to the park and whilst Kendall held her Daddy's hands, Sydney used the back of her bike to walk the whole way around the park. I don't know if this helped her but tonight the girl was on a roll., back and forth without any help at all. If I had time I swear I would have cried. She's so proud of herself and her smiles go from ear to ear {the only smile that is bigger is Kendall's}.
It's gonna be soon. I can't wait.
BTW: Kendall was so inspired by her sister that she kept going back and forth between Storm and I. I tell you that when that girl gets a bee in her bonnet she doesn't give up. She's so determined to walk and right now is being let down by the fact that her balance is off {she looks like she's been drinking at a bar for 3 days straight!}. She also is very "shiny object". By that I mean that she is very easily distracted and will {in mid-stumble/walk} look to her left/right at the dogs/sister and fall over. Even though she is more focused than her sister, she is also more distractable and as yet does not have the skills to recover from a quick headturn.
She's getting there. I just hope that she doesn't get too disgruntled when Sydney walks away from her. She'll cry and I probably {in sympathy} will too.
In other news - we got our pool fence up today. I'll post a pic sometime this week. It has certainly made a difference in the backyard ambiance but I don't mind as I have peace of mind with the girls having now discovered the dog door. Phew - just in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment