Our sweet Rudy had surgery this Monday. He had a lipoma/cyst behind his right shoulder and it had started to move and get trapped in under his armpit. He had serious trouble walking and x-rays revealed that even though he is starting to develop arthritis it probably wasn't the cause of his lameness. Either way it was time for that sucker to come out.
So, he has been feeling very sore and sorry for himself which I don't know if it's attributed to the surgery (he has two incision spots with about 30 stitches in total - I feel really bad because I thought he only had one and I only found the second spot today - 3 days after the surgery, mind you. I'm not sure why there is two incision spots and will have to speak to the vet about it when we see him next week for the arduous task of stitch removal..)
or the fact that he's wearing a t-shirt. The t-shirt was suggested by the vet to keep him from licking/tearing at the wounds. It was either that or the collar which wouldn't have gone down too well. Storm wasn't too happy that I used one of his shirts but I used an old one so it was ok.
Yes, that's Storm lying down beside him. Rudy stresses a lot when we move around the house when he can't follow so it was up to Storm to keep him laying down so he wouldn't blow a stitch or seven.
Speaking of seven, happy birthday to our boy who turned seven on Wednesday. I'm sorry that you had to be in pain for your birthday but lameness sucked even more worse (sorry!) and you'll have more birthdays...
No comments:
Post a Comment