Now, don't get me wrong. It's not that I want to leave the hubby and kids for a night but I am really looking forward to a night away to be spent in St George, UT in two weeks.
Kerri and I will be heading up there for an all day blogging conference through the SITS Girls website. It's officially classed as a business trip due to the fact that our business needs to jump on the social media bandwagon but I know that both of us will benefit personally as well. I went to the SITS Girls site today and read up about the Austin, TX conference that's going on tomorrow and was pleasantly surprised at how excited I am about going.
We'll be staying overnight so there'll be a chance to do some Xmas decor shopping at the Cracker Barrel restaurant/shop as well as the outlet malls {again!}. Unfortunately, one of Kerri's fave shops isn't open on a Sunday {I want to say the name of it is Dorsey's but don't judge me on it!} so we'll just have to make do with the others that are up there...oh, what a shame.
Another thing that I am excited about right now is the fact the Xmas is only 8 weeks {or so} away. I love Christmas. I'm not afraid to say it. It is the most wonderful time of the year. I love to watch the old Christmas movies, sing the Christmas carols {to myself etc not in public!}, decorate the house, cook christmassy things. Oh the list goes on and on....
Well my fave decor shop {Rodworks} already has their Christmas decor on display for sale and yes, I've already been up there twice purchasing their "pretties". I am such a sucker for chrissy decor it's not funny. Yes, I'm the person who goes to Mt. Charleston during summer and just, HAS to visit the Holiday Shoppe that they have and buy something. I hope the girls love this special month as much as I do as I might just have to extend it to before Thanksgiving {I know that's wrong as the girls are US citizens but it's Christmas!}.
Oh, well. We'll just have to wait and see if I have the patience and fortitude to hold out on displaying all the cute things that are so reasonably priced up at Rodworks. {Keep in mind that I have to feed my addiction to this store as I will not have it next year once we move to TX - they're only in UT and NV at the moment}. Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment