Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween

Halloween hasn't meant much around the house for the past couple of years {got disillusioned one Halloween night when a grown woman that I didn't recognize and not wearing a costume knocked on our door after 10pm when our outside lights were turned off asking for candy - how rude!} so we spent Halloween with the Galvin's in their neighbourhood.

We did the same thing last year and you may remember {from a previous} post that I made "Brain" dip and chocolate crackle spiders. This year I made graveyard pudding with ghosts and headstones. I wish that I had have taken a photo of it but unfortunately, by the time that we arrived at the Galvin's the ghosts had already started melting and became unrecognizable. {It also didn't help that I left it at home - out of the fridge - and had to return to fetch it!} So if I had have taken picture it would have been of a chocolate pudding tray covered in crushed oreo "dirt" with milano cookie headstones and marshmallow ghosts. Oh well...good intentions and such.

The girls are still too young to choose what they want to wear so it was up to me to choose. Kendall was a witch and Sydney, a pumpkin fairy. My usually happy, go lucky kids didn't sleep well that day {of course! Murphy's Law} so posing for pics became a bit of an issue. We couldn't keep them in one place for long enough and had to practically hold them down for a photo. Oh and the hats that finished off the ensemble? Well they didn't stay on for long.

My little witchy-poo, Kendall.
 My little pumpkin fairy, Sydney. {She was desperately trying to get away from Daddy!}
 Kendall almost looks Robin-hoodish.
Told you that the hat came off - real quick.
  Our hosts..The Galvin Girls, Lauryn as a pumpkin, Landree as a pirate and Lily as a witch.
 The mode of transport for the evening.
 The fun was after the trick-or-treatin'. Ball pit time in the world's cleanest garage! Thanks Al.


 Why can't my girls stay dressed like Lauryn and pose happily for pics?

No comments:

Post a Comment