Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful...

Well it ain't actually frightful just yet but I was cold.

We wanted to head up to the mountain before it snowed and let the girls hang out a bit to practice walking etc. I was thinking - no problems, there won't be a crowd {why would there be - it's Thursday?}, we'll be in and out in no time and be able to get the groceries on the way home. Easy peasy - the girl's will be up for it!

Well...hello Veteran's Day! Car park was full-ish and surprise..it was c-c-COLD!!!! I mean brass monkeys cold. Why? Well, even though I made sure to take the girl's warm jackets with us, I forgot about myself and took a woollen, three-quarter sleeve jacket with me. My wrists got so cold that they were stiffening up. We made it to the end of the carpark before I made us turn back. I was losing feeling and that just ain't right {and those who know, know that I cannot stand being cold. Heck, that's why we're moving to TX!}

It got down to 28 degrees at 4pm {soooo not nice!} and the food was below par {now don't get me wrong...it's not like it's gourmet up there but it was bad this time!}. The girls ended up cranky and we didn't get the groceries. 

Oh well...sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.

Storm with Kendall.

 Posin' with the babes. Ahhh...this is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment