I know it's been a while but I'm back with more piccies of our time with mum.
So, we went to Houston on the last weekend that mum would have with us. Now the weather as we all know has been hot, hot. hot here in TX and Houston was no different that weekend.
Our first stop was Houston zoo.
It was hot (just to let you know - again) but the zoo was nicely shaded which aided our visit a lot. I cannot wait to visit again as there was a lovely elephant area (with a new baby too!) and I loved the chimpanzees too. The girls fed giraffes and generally got a big kick out of looking at the animals.
It's so much fun watching them have fun.
With piranhas in the tube....
Checking out the Meerkats.
No, not Longhorns...Ankara cattle. Those horns are used for keeping them cool. I'm wondering if the person who created Hellboy got the idea of his horns from these guys!
Checking out the Okapi looking hot...Poor Syd.
Ahh...gratuitous family shot with one of the elephants behind us..
In the Africa area...trying out the masks...
And playing in one of the huts.
And making some noise on the drums...
And checking out the chimps in the air conditioned chimp watching area. A nice relief to the heat outside. The girls just loved getting so close.
Oh and it seems mum met her soulmate.
And almost made out with him...
Feeding the giraffes...
See the platform at the back left hand side? That's where we fed the giraffes the lettuce.
In the petting zoo petting a very sleepy goat...well hopefully he was sleeping?
A howler monkey eyeing everyone.
I've forgotten what kind of monkey this is (Gibbon?) but he sure does look bored in the heat.
Even the fatty squirrels have heard of planking! What a trend follower!
And the funny thing was these two sitting above the squirrel just watching him on the ground. I could imagine the conversation...
"...Um, hey Jerry. What's that little fella doin?"
"Well Stan I think they call it planking"
"Planking? What's that Jerry?"
"Well Stan, it's a new fad of where people pose on something laying horizontally, stiff as a board and have a photo taken before they fall"
"But Jerry he ain't laying on anything 'cept dirt!"
"Stan, you know squirrels ain't smart!"
Now this is where we had to go. Too hot and the girls were ready for their nap.
I cannot wait to go back when the weather is a little less warm....
No comments:
Post a Comment