Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Catchin' up.

I'm sure you've guessed by now that I'm not exactly loving the weather down here. So much so that we are planning on moving again next year (will know definitely in early January) as we cannot do another summer here - extreme weather or no extreme weather. Dogs included as Rudy is on another stretch of steroids with this skin thing.

Anyway, focus!

So the way that we have been coping with the heat is by spending a bit of time at the Texas State Aquarium. Be it touring the fishies and turtles or playing at the splash park we have managed to get the absolute most out of the yearly membership that we purchased.

The girls have really taken to loving turtles and otters. Imagine high pitched voices screaming in the high-pitchedness that 2 year old girls can bring - "Turtles mumma!", "Look ishie" {Look fishie}, "Beeerrr mumma!" {oh look mummy there's a bird!}, "Duh duh. Duh duh" {Shark in a Steven Spielberg way} and of course the dolphins. Now they don't say dolphin but do their best imitation of a dolphin laugh. Yes, if you didn't know them and just overheard them without any context doing this laugh you would honestly think that they need to go to the nuthouse.

So proud. But it's a great way to stay out of the heat.

Anyway, here are some piccies of them at the splash park. It's so good now that the big kids have gone back to school as it is a lot calmer now and a lot safer for the littlies.

Now it took a while for them to warm up to the whole thing but the other kids that we went with showed them the way. Keep in mind that I didn't want to get my camera wet so most of the piccies were taken from a dry area.




 Getting a kick out of looking through the porthole on the trawler.

 I felt really bad as Syd's swimming bottom's went through the dryer and the fabric stretched and this stretching was so exascerbated by the water and hung so tragically.
Such a cute butt covered up by such a saggy piece of clothing.

I know I am paranoid about the sun and I was already hung up about the fact that they refused a hat on the day. They're going to hate me when they grow up because of my sun phobia and that I'll insist on something practical over something pretty. I'm sorry but skin cancer runs on both of the families sides so these girls are fairly much doomed to some form of skin problems. Syd already has a freckle on her tummy (how I just do not know) and Kendall has one on her leg. I feel so bad as sun damage is sun damage be it a cancer or a freckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment