Living away from some of the things that we grew up with sucks.
Obviously we miss family and wish that we could see them much, much more but we also miss those basics that rock our boats. Now I do manage to buy a lot of aussie products from a company that imports them from Australia. Stuff such as vegemite, golden circle beetroot, copha, dessicated coconut, pascall's clinkers, black and gold's light christmas cake, praise mayonnaise, bundaberg ginger beer, eta barbeque sauce, yes the list goes on and on.
However, one of our fave things that we haven't bought is meat pies and sausage rolls. You have to pay for express shipping {as they are frozen and could potentially thaw} and can only buy them in bulk which works out to be around $6 per unit which is way too rich for our blood!
So Storm finally called it. We had bought a pie maker a while back but never used it. Storm made up a beef mixture and with a little puff pastry made himself some pies.
Yummm. The meat recipe needs a little tweaking according to Storm but now he's got the pastry down pat it's only a matter of time.
Look out Australia Day! We're gonna have a party at our place!
So many things I take for granted!! If I was away I'd miss Cherry Ripes, Freddo frogs, watching AFL, and did I mention Cherry Ripes? (ok they are my total weakness.)
ReplyDelete